My first experience with smudge was in an cleansing ritual performed by a local medicne man in Cuernavaca, Morales, MX to study Mexican culture and language. Prior to that I had only learned about them through reading various text.
Smudge sticks derived from Native American culture, where they were used in ceremonies to cleanse and bless people and places. From what I've learned, people have burned different herbs and spices throughout time to create incense, cleansing smoke baths and to purify people, ceremonial space and ritual objects since even before the natives and definitely before any of our time.
In my personal life, I use smudging almost daily, rituallywith prayer and meditation. I view it as the perfect vessel to carry our prayers from this reality to another realm; in addition to the best benefit of them all, which is actually cleansing and purifying the air. The herbs in my hand wrapped smudge sticks are sage, lavender, sweetgrass and roses depending on what I have available.
- Sage, quite possibly the best-known ceremonial smudge plant, sage used for meditation, cleansing and purification. Many people burn it throughout their homes to cleanse negative energy and if the cold weather bug is running rampant in your home.
- Sacred to the Native Americans, Sweetgrass has a light, sweet scent when burnt and is often used in conjunction with sage. After sage has chased out bad energy, sweetgrass attracts positive energy into the space. It is good for cleansing sacred space and is burned by many during prayers.
- Rose, in this form, retains its abilities with attracting love and enhancing romance and a romantic environment. It is also used for meditation and encouraging peace.
- The dried flower buds of lavender have a light refreshing scent when burned. They’re often incorporated into ceremonies that are focused on peace, restful sleep and happiness. Lavender can be burned aromatherapeutically to help with insomnia, depression, grief, sorrow and anxiety.
All orders will be shipped from my Laurel, MD United States home where they are handmade and energetically charged with love, care and keen attention to detail.
Orders are processed the following business day the order is placed. During high shopping season please allow 3-5 days for processing time.
Priority Flat Rate Shipping via USPS
Domestic Rates 2-10 days:
- Padded Envelope $2.50 - $7.00
- Small Box $7.95
- Medium Box $13.45
- Large Box $18.75
International Rates 6-15 days:
- Padded Envelope $23.95
- Small Box $24.95
- Medium Box $45.95
- Large Box $59.95
- If your order securely fits into a 4x6 padded envelope, it will be shipped by weight, unless its higher than flat rate.
- You will receive your tracking number information via email immediately following the shipment of your order. Please check your SPAM folder if you believe you have not received it.
- You can expect you order to arrive 7-10 days from payment confirmation date. It usually comes much sooner, but we have to allow for organized chaos because anything could happen.
International Packages are shipped via USPS Priority Mail and can arrive as early as 3 weeks from purchase and as late as 6 weeks from purchase. Patience is key, as USPS items are rarely lost in international transit, merely caught in customs. However, I am not responsible nor do I charge for customs taxes, duties or fees on orders upon arrival to your country. If a customer does not want to pay customs fees and the order has already been shipped, I will NOT issue a refund, so please be aware of your country's custom regulations.
If your order has not arrived within the specified time, please contact USPS first and refer to your tracking number. If you still do not receive your package PLEASE let me know immediately and I'll do my best to track it down or replace it after 4 weeks have passed for domestic orders and 8 for international.
All custom orders are subject to shipping and handling charges based on the weight of the package as well as the location of the buyer.
***Unless the entire order fits into a USPS Priority flat rate box.***
IMPORTANT WEATHER ADVISORY:
Items such as lip balms, scrubs, butters and massage oils may be prone to freezing or melting enroute to its final destination. Packages often sit on postal trucks or in mailboxes for extended periods of time. I have no control over shipping conditions once your package leaves my hands.
- If you receive soft /melted scrubs, oils, butters, salves or balms, please put them in the freezer or refrigerator for 30-60 minutes allowing the product to become firm again.
- If you receive frozen / hard product please allow to cool to room temperature before use.
To help alleviate these issues, please track your package and take it out of your mailbox as soon as possible. Alternatively, packages may be shipped to different addresses such as your office, where the package can be immediately intercepted instead of the latter.
I apologize for any inconvenience and I truly appreciate your business!
Refunds and Exchanges
Due to the nature of Feel My Skin, LLC products, we do not accept returns or exchanges. However, customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to my business, so if for any reason you're unhappy with the product or have an issue with any product, please contact me so that we can come up with a solution to correct the problem.
I am happy to replace items with something different from the same collection. Customer pays additional shipping fees.
Need favors? Bath, body & home handcrafted products make awesome favors in any setting: Weddings, Birthdays, Showers, Celebrations, etc. Favors will be custom designed with your names, date, style, scent, theme etc. ...Please email for a quote and details.
Feel free to email with any custom requests!
Please contact me before leaving negative feedback. I am more than willing to go above and beyond normal customer satisfaction. You won't be disappointed with my impecable customer service!